Content

Illustrated Alphabet

Monday 28 February 2011
This brief was quite open, calling for me to create an alphabet based on any theme or subject I desired. I chose to create a usable font, corresponding to the English alphabet, with imagery as its basis, on the theme of Hip Hop.

I decided to focus on Graffiti, being the "visual embodiment of Hip Hop". I did not want to go down the obvious route of designing graffitied letters, and so instead opted for dismantling the physical components of a spray can, and re-positioning and layering images of these components to create a legible typeface.

The font is intended to be symbolic of the roots of hip-hop, based around the four elements, and designed specifically for use on posters promoting certain aspects of the elements.




0 comments:

Post a Comment